Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Kitten, Actually




Well, Saturday night the boyfriend broght home the new kitten. We named him Alfred and he's 8 weeks old. I've had cans my whole life, but I've always adopted them at 7 or 8 months, so I've never had a kitten quite so tiny before.

The dogs are adjusting OK. Gibbs (the puggle like creature) is fascinated and for the most part very nice to him. Bess (the chihuahua), on the other hand, is doing her best to tollerate him.

We've been keeping a close eye, and keeping them separated by a fence and slowly introducing them. At one point, though, I had the kitten on my lap and got Bess sitting next to me. She was such a champ and was doing her best to be good... well, until the kitten thought it would be fun to play with her ear. Bess wasn't too happy about that.
In other news:
There's a new sale going on! All patterns 10% off! Check out the top of this blog for details.

9 comments:

  1. Yay! Kittens are the best!!! Congrats on your new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I've always loved my black kitties! :) Sadly, my current cat, a white sphynx, has turned out to be quite evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! How exciting!! Did you know that black cats are the hardest to adopt out? Even though they have a great record of being super sweet and affectionate! Every time I see an adoption event in Jacksonville, FL where I live, there are SO many black cats/kittens!

    Alfred is adorable, the photo of Gibbs next to Alfred is just too cute, excited but hesitant at the same time. Congrats on the new addition and I can't wait for more updates about him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kittens are sweet! Alfred is too cute! The dogs will get used to him, except maybe, the chihuahua!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so adorable! congrats!
    Makes me want another kitten!
    We adopted a kitten who was the runt of my brother in law's cat's litter, the mama wouldn't let her eat, and when we'd come over and visit we'd have to hold the mom down to let her eat...
    It got to where we were going over there several times a day to make sure she was getting fed... my brother in law's take on it was to let nature run its course :(
    Finally after a couple of weeks, I don'nt remember how many, but she was a tiny mouse of a thing, much smaller than Alfred, we went over and her eyes had been crusting shut and mama kitty wouldn't clean them :( So we took her home and bottle fed her, I think she was more expensive to keep at first than my kids were, what with the antibiotic eye drops and kitty milk and on and on. But she was worth it! She's a beautiful cat, quite the princess, I think it's cause she was so papmered as a baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kitties. We had our black kitty for over 18 years. Still miss him. Congrats on your new baby kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your kitten! I have a black cat myself. She's 11 years old. I can guarantee that Alfred will bring you many years of joy!!! Congratulations on your new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet kitty. I love kittens but I am so allergic. I tried to adopt a cat once and had to say goodbye shortly after. Puffy red, itchy eyes were not my friend. I could barely see... I'm ok with them though as long as I'm not sleeping in the same house. Hope all of your pets are able to make nice.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!