Saturday, January 29, 2011

Funky Ties


If I were a guy, I know I'd be one of those people that would wear one of those tacky, fun ties everyday for work. I love those things! Whenever the boyfriend and I are out shopping, I try to get him to buy them, but to this, he simply rolls his eyes. One reason, he doesn't often wear ties, and secondly, he thinks, as many do, that they are tacky.

I know it's perfectly acceptable for a woman to wear a tie if she chooses, but nothing in my wardrobe would look good with any tie, tacky or not. So I just contend myself to look at them and compliment those that I see wearing them.

Maybe someday I'll be rich enough to buy a whole new wardrobe just to go with all the ties I want to buy.

4 comments:

  1. If you get rich you can also make a sex change, and then you'll have more to choose from to go with ties :-)

    Have a nice weekend,

    José

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should start a tie collection. I had a friend who shopped little boutiques for quirky ties and then did a crafty display of them. It was very cute.

    Found you on the Promos forum on Etsy and following :)

    Warmly,
    Tiffany Will Write 4 Food

    http://tiffanywillwrite4food.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 6 year old son loves wearing ties and from my experience, he loves wearing what his mama likes even more!(for now, anyway) What you need is to have a little boy. :)

    I'm blogging this weekend too, stop by!

    :)maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ties too but I end up putting them on monsters. Nothing makes a monster look more distinguished then a crazy necktie!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!