Sunday, September 30, 2012

Running with Dogs

Gibbs and Bess, my running buddies
I love running with my doggies. They keep me motivated, and it makes them so happy to go along.  One is a chihuahua and one is a pug chihuahua, at least that's what the vet thinks, they were both adopted.

Last run I did, I had to do without them. I want to run farther and farther, but their little legs get tired after about a mile and a half, then I'm the one who's trying to motivate them.  I feel so bad leaving them behind, and I know they don't understand that next run will only be a mile and that they can come.

I've been doing one day a mile, one day a mile and a half and one day two miles.  It breaks up my routes and makes it more fun, and two of those days doggies can come.

When I did my last run, it was my first time in a while that I went without them, and it was actually quite lonely. I'd look down at my side and there were no furry bodies running next to me.  I have to admit, though, it was easier to run without holding the leash.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing that compares with a four-legged running companion!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!