Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Getting Slower

I don't know if it's the heat, or what, but after running my best average time, now I'm getting slower and slower. I'll start out at a good pace, and then, after less than half a mile, I'll feel like I'm dying and then I'll slow down.


I'm still running 2.6 miles with my goal being 3.1 (which is a 5K). I want to get my pace up a little bit before I make my run longer. 


This whole running thing is still pretty new for me.  Most of my friend's that run, go to a gym and use a treadmill which of course will keep their pace where they want it.  I, however, don't belong to a gym, and the thought of running in place when there's free sidewalks everywhere just seems stupid to me. So to increase my pace, I have to do it all on my own.


Sunday is my next running day.  We'll see where it goes from there.

2 comments:

  1. Don't get discouraged! You're doing great. Have you tried running to music (iPod)? Are you drinking enough water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I listen to my iPod, and ever since I past the 2 mile mark I've been bringing a water bottle with me. Just having the water helped me tremendously.

      Delete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!