Monday, May 21, 2012

Lace Knitting

I've been on a lace knitting kick lately and finished a short sleeve lace sweater the other day.  I will still need to photograph it on my day off.  I'm really happy how it turned out, but I haven't tried it on my mannequin yet.


I always get really nervous when I finish a new piece before I put it on the dress form.  I worry that after all the hard work I put into it that it won't fit right, or look right and that I'll have to scrap the whole thing.  I wouldn't want to sell something that didn't fit right.


Now I'm working on a poncho that's lace knitting and beaded.  Though I've done a few beaded crochet projects, this will be my first beaded knitting project.  I've been working on it between shows at work, and my manager doesn't think I can finish it by the end of the week.  What better motivation for finishing a project? 


I don't have a day off yet in sight, so it might be awhile before I'll have any photographs to show you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see! I can only knit squares.. and that is regular knitting with just yarn... so I am very envious of those who can knit fancy!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!