Monday, September 21, 2009

Book Review


I finished reading, yet another, Jeffry Archer book...this one was: First Among Equals. I must say that I think I must have read his best book first, and now these others are somehow lacking. In this one, it starts out really slow, and it took me a while to get into. The middle, however, was great! It was exciting with many twists and turns, and I knew I'd be saddened when it actually ended. The ending, though, was a disappointment. The plot became clunky, and then it stopped rather abruptly.

I keep reading Archer because I love his characters. For the time that I'm reading the book, they kind of become a part of my family, and even when the ending isn't satisfying, I feel that I'm saying goodbye to some close friends.

Synopsis

Charles Seymour, second-born son, will never be the earl like his father, but he did inherit his mother's strength -- and the will to realize his destiny... Simon Kerslake's father sacrificed everything to make sure his son's dreams come true. Now it is Simon's chance to rise as high as those dreams allow... Ray Gould was born to the back streets but raised with pride -- a quality matched by a sharp intellect and the desire to attain the impossible... Andrew Fraser was raised by a soccer hero turned politician. Now it's his turn for heroics, whatever the cost.

From strangers to rivals, four men embark on a journey for the highest stakes of all -- the keys to No. 10 Downing Street. Unfolding over three decades, their honor will be tested, their loyalties betrayed, and their love of family and country challenged. But in a game where there is a first among equals, only one can triumph.


Tuesday will be a blog break day, since I have an early statue shift...see you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!