Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Finally getting busy!

Hooray!!!!!

In magic news:

The freelance gigs are finally starting to pick up. I have 2 coming up this month, and 2 that still have to be confirmed. I have been stressing about the economy all summer...and I didn't know if the lack of work was because Summer is inherently slow or if the economy was taking its toll. So far, so good...

In Statue News:

I actually have a statue gig at Caesar's this weekend for a Canadian company. They seem really nice and I really hope that I live up to their expectations. It's going to be 3 days of hard work (yes, standing still is really hard work), but I think it will be worth it in the end.

In Knitting News:

Sales have finally started to pick up! In fact yesterday I sold not one but two doggie sweaters to the same woman. It's my first multiple order. Yay!

I also finished a custom order and listed it. I didn't charge a deposit (which I know I should have...I know...), so I really hope he buys it and that it wasn't just another waste of my time....I should know today.

Remember to tune in tomorrow to see what the submissions category will be for the "Friday's Favorites"!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sales!!!!

    I am ready to be busy!



    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear things are picking up for you and have fun being a statue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that things are picking up! The market that I did last Saturday was way busier than the previous ones. Hopefully good things are on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, good luck with the statue-ing. I can totally imagine that it's hard work - I can barely stay in my seat for an hour-long class - much less stay still for the whole day! I'm glad things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... don't know how you can do the human statue... i get tired juts trying to stay still for more then 5 mins! Sounds like a great gig... congrats~

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!