Wednesday, January 4, 2012

More Burst Training

So today I did my second round of burst training.  I'm still not convinced that it's better for me than my long runs.  I was quite sore on Monday, the day after my first attempt, which is good, but working out for such a short time still feels like I'm cheating.


Most of the testimonials I've read have the people doing a low carb thing with the training... well, of course they're going to lose weight, I can drop weight quite quickly doing the low carb thing, and I've done it without any exercise, but it's really hard to keep up. And now I'm wondering if it's the low carb that's making these people lose all of this weight.  So confusing.  The whole reason I started on this exercise kick was so I could eat normally...


Sunday, as planned, I'm going to do my longer run, and Wednesdays are going to be my short intervals.  I am interested to see if the longer runs become easier after building up my muscles with the shorter sprints... hmmmm....



2 comments:

  1. Burst training...Sounds painful to me. But then again, I'm not a runner. I'm a much better walker. =0)
    ~Kim
    from Blogging Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh interesting! I've decided I want to grow up to be a runner, so one of my goals for 2012 is to run a 5K. Unfortunately, I'm discovering that means I actually need to get outside and start running, which I haven't done yet. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep this in mind when I can finally start this new little hobby of mine. If you can actually call it that yet. ;)

    Oh and I'm a new follower!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!