Monday, May 18, 2009

Book Review

Great book! I would definitely recommend it.
I know it's been a while since I talked about reading, but I just finished Birds Without Wings by Louis de Bernieres and it took me about a month to read. It's an amazing book, but definitely not light. It centers around a small town in the Ottoman Empire and watches the effects as the empire breaks up and the town becomes Turkish.

The characterization is really amazing. You feel like you know each one because each chapter is written from a different person's point of view.

We read this one for my book club, and I'm so glad we did because I would have never picked this up and read it if it weren't for that. If you like dense books with lots of character developement and like reading about the history of other countries, then this book is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!