Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Waiting Game...

This bolero jacket could be your's if I don't hear from the buyer.
I finished and listed my custom order a couple of days ago, and convo'd the buyer...now I sit and wait for a response. I haven't ever charged someone for something before I've made it, even though others have told me that they do so because of this exact problem. I don't want to give up on her yet, so I'm going to wait a couple more days and then convo her again...of course she has no feedback, so I don't know if this is a normal thing for her, but I don't hold that against anyone because I've been several new etsian's first buys and I think that's great.

The listing was for a bolero jacket exactly the same as the original listing only one size bigger (a 6 instead of a 4)...So just in case I don't hear from her, and this is something that you might want, keep your eyes on this one and I'll let you know if it's open for sale.

In other news:
I gave up another magician day yesterday in order to do living statue...I hate doing this because being a statue is soooo hard and I hurt so bad after it's done, but it pays so much better and right now I need the money...and the money was pretty good yesterday.

Today, I'm back in my magic role which I feel the most comfortable...also, I just bought new shoes with super comfy insoles and so far because of all my day swapping, I've only really gotten to wear them for one day! I'm am excited to be walking on the cobblestone today in pure comfort.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely shrug. I recommend that you ask for at least half down on special orders that way it at least cover the cost of the yarn. Also if the person sends half of the money it tells you that they really want the item and your almost gauranteed that they will send the remaining balance.

    My two rules are 1/2 down and money orders only.

    A money order is like cash and if you accept personal checks and they bounce in your account you get charged the $35 dollar fee and try getting that money from someone who just bounced a check on you due to insufficient funds.

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the shrug is suuuuuper lovely.

    For custom orders, I always accept payment first and it hasn't been an issue... I think most people expect it. But I would think 1/2 down is also very fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that this person isn't responding, I hope they do..
    I agree that you should ask for at least half down next time, if not the entire amount...It's a pretty shrug though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shrug! It's so hard to try to decide if you should charge upfront or not. I've decided that all custom orders must pay at least half down before I will begin designing. It's understandable if someone changes their mind/is having sudden financial problems, but some communication would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bolero -- I too usually get payment up front only to make sure customer is serious about wanting the piece! A lot of people request something and then you never hear from them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tha1 shrug is beautiful!!
    Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combination. Hope you get a response from the buyer soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour! :)

    Do you have her email addy to send her a direct communication? It might evoke a response.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great shrug! The colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. maybe a lesson learned for all of us. I think sometimes we don't value our work enough, or are afraid of losing an order, that it makes us less business savvy. Or maybe it's just the creative soul in all of us that just loves the "making" process, and we think "of course this will sell". I truly hope this individual pulls through, but if not, you have a beautiful shrug for some other lucky buyer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hopefully she is just wrapped up in life and has forgotten and she will remember and be sorry she made you worry! its lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inspired by a Stefanie Japel pattern? I like the color combination.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!