Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fixing Bugs

For those of you that use, which is an awesome tool, there has been a little problem as of late. Because etsy has changed all there prices to have both the dollar sign and USD, the program gets confused and when you upload it to google base, it comes back as unsuccessful.

I had this happen yesterday, and not knowing what the problem was, I immediately went to the etsy forums to have a look. Thank goodness for the forums. There were a couple of posts about it up already and after reading through them, I found out exactly what to do.

For those that have had the same problem, simply open up the file after it has been downloaded, and scroll through all the code and simply erase "USD" every time you see it. After that save it and upload it to google as usual, and then it will work just fine.

For those that haven't tried letsets, it's a great way to be seen when people do a google search. Most of the stuff will pop up when people click on the shopping link. I usually re upload my stuff every time I have 2 or 3 new items. I'm hoping they'll have this bug fixed soon, because it is a small pain to have to scroll through code.

In Friday's Favorite News:

Because I've been obsessed lately with scrunchies and headbands, I'm looking for submissions of "stuff for your head" for tomorrow's post. Just post the link in the comments, I'll be looking there first and if there's not enough I'll go and look in the forums...It can be anything at all, as long as it goes on your head.


  1. great! thanks for the tip. i hadn't noticed the problem yet because i had just updated my google base before they changed it, so i'm really glad that i'm forewarned! thanks a lot!

  2. PS- i have a bunch of hair stuff in my shop right now, so be sure to check it out and see if anything fits with your picks for tomorrow. ^.^


Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!