Monday, October 19, 2009

Prodigal Daughter --Book Review--


I just finished reading The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer. Yes, I know, another Jeffrey Archer book. I'm reading a new one now too, but after that, I'm going to give him a rest for a bit.

This book, I would have to say is one of his better ones, although, in most of his books, the bad guys get what they deserve. In this one, there wasn't the payback element that I enjoy so much. I must honestly say though, there were sections of the book where I couldn't wait for work to be over so that I could find out what happened next! I love it when a book affects me like that.

Super short summary:

"The novel begins with the birth of Florentyna Rosnovski and continues with her life as she comes of age, attends college, and begins political life in a quest for the presidency. "


In other news:

I was supposed to have the day off today, but unfortunately one of the singers is sick, and there isn't anyone else to fill in for her...so today, I get to pretend to be a singer...should be fun.

5 comments:

  1. i need a good book to read- might have to pick this one up! and let us know how the "singing" goes! sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god for books! I love to read, but I always have a hard time deciding what to read! Thanks for the tip!

    [inkihandmade.blogspot.com]
    [inkihandmade.etsy.com]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tangled, I sometimes read Jeffrey Archer, though haven't in a while. I think his character development is excellent. I'm always sucked in from page 1.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of his books.. will have to look it up!
    Good luck with the singing today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun being a singer for a day :)

    I don't think I've read Jeffrey Archer but I've read thousands of books and I'm just now making an effort to remember names. I'll have to put in a request at the library for a few. Any one of his books better than another?

    Justine

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!