Monday, April 18, 2011

Lost in Translation



So, I work with a lot of Russians, and sometimes, though they understand what's going on, they mis-understand the words...

Well, our manager had a replacement in for the first half of the day, and I thought my friend, Sasha, didn't like her for some reason. This was weird, since he always likes the lady managers. He kept calling her "crazy manager".

After a couple of shows, I realized what had happened. Here name was Gracie, and here he was trying to figure out why someone would call themselves crazy.

Sometimes I forget how close some of our words in English sound...



In Knitting Knews:

I finished making the Summer Dog Sweater. Now, if you are so inclined, you can buy a Human Summer Sweater to match your doggie one.

I know matching your dog isn't something for everyone, and the pieces are sold separately, but it's something I would do...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!