Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chiropractor...ouch

My neck has still been bothering me, big time, and since it had been going on for over a week, I decided to get some professional help.  I asked my Las Vegas friends on Facebook for a good chiropractor, and got a couple of responses.  Then I looked on yelp and picked the one with the best comments.


She combined deep tissue massage and chiropractic adjustments.  She told me that I would probably hurt more the next day from all the massage, but it would start to feel better afterward.  Boy, she wasn't kidding.


I have no idea how I'm going to perform magic today, let alone juggle.  I can't call in sick, as I just called in last week when I had my nasty cold thingy. The doctor said that even though it hurts, working on my range of motion will be a good thing, so I'm hoping work will help.


The worst part?  It hurts to knit!

3 comments:

  1. Well done, not letting it go on too long. Hope you begin to get better soon. A long, hot bath with soothing relaxing bath oil (in England we call it Radox: not sure what it would be with you, but am sure you have a favourite). Just soak yourself, and if you can rub in a gel (non-smelly - again, in the UK we have something called Piroxicam (it's a Pfizer product). That works miracles for me - I've got arthritis all over, and without it I'd be stymied. With it, I work!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon!! *healing sparkles* Also, I'll be visiting Vegas in February ... how would one go about finding your show information? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a NUCCA chiropractor and I know how it must be! Every time I get a correction, I have to be really careful for 24 hours. No exercise stretches. The best advice my chiropractor gave me is that I should NEVER tilt my head backwards. It literally will screw up my neck!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!