Sunday, March 11, 2012

Getting the Running Groove Back

So I've been having a lot of trouble with my runs lately.  I give up before I've finished my route, and sometimes I get half a block and think, "How am I going to make it the rest of the way?"


Because of this, I went back to doing sprints on Wednesdays and the long run just on Sunday.  So far it's working.  I actually finished my route for the first time in a while: 2.3 miles at a pace of 12.6 minutes per mile. I'm always happy when it's less than 13 minutes per mile since that's where I started at.


I actually felt myself getting in to a running groove a couple of times during the run.  Unfortunately, the minute you realize that you're in a groove, you're not in the groove any more.  


I'm so proud of myself!  Someday I'll be able to run 4 miles. That is my goal.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I am not a runner, but my Mom has been one all her life. She will be 80 this year, and still wins her heats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo! Good for you and I'm sure you'll reach your goal if you keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I like to hear! Real stickability! Well done - and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, obviously a smart exerciser to know when you need to change your routine and spice things up. I'm not a runner, I walk and do yoga and I also like to change things up, gives my workouts variety and I think, I'm more challenged and get a better exercise session. Keep up the good work.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really dislike running (that was the nice word for it, ha!) but I've done the C25K and it's the only way I've been able to get myself to do it. It really does help keep my weight in check better than any other exercise, just wish I actually enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!