Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kitty Toilet Training 5


For those of you who don't know, I'm training my cat, Alfred, to use a human toilet. For more back story, Click Here.

We've finally gotten to the point where we've put a bowl of litter into the toilet. Alfred was puzzled at first, as it is a bowl and hard to dig a hole into. Much of the litter got into the actual toilet the first couple of tries, but now he's a pro.

Unfortunately, now when I remove the bowl to go to the bathroom myself, he looks at me as if to say, "What are you doing? That's mine!"

Now I have to wait until I have a day off so I can catch him in the act and make sure his feet are on the toilet seat. Everything has been so easy as of yet, I have a feeling that this stage is going to be the hardest. When he gets the idea, then I can start reducing the litter, and adding a bit of water to the mix.

On a side note, while playing in the upstairs bathroom (not his bathroom), he fell into the toilet again. That makes 3 dunks in the toilet and he keeps coming back for more. I've never had a cat before that was so ambiguous to water.

2 comments:

  1. You are a brave soul!! Will you teach Alfred to flush, too? Now that would be perfect! : )

    Some cats just seem to like water! I had one once who loved to join me in the bathtub! And Oliver, my current buddy, seems to enjoy an occasional bath in the sink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a cat that would drink out of the toilet. He was a fat cat and sometimes he'll fall in..or sometimes I would push him.. it was still cute. Yet he did not hate me.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!