Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oops!

Gratuitously cute picture of a boyfriend and a dog on a boat
My days are all messed up...somehow I thought yesterday was Tuesday, even though it was Monday, so if you're looking for the "Tuesday's Tips", just scroll down to yesterday.

I sent my dad off today, so now I'm back to my normal life. I'm at the Venetian today, where hopefully I'll finish the new shrug I'm making...If I do, I'll try to get it listed when I get home...

Then I have a custom sweater order, which I'm going to start on as soon as I get the yarn...there might be a small project beforehand, that I'll make tomorrow.

In other news: I don't remember if I posted that I finished the book "The Brief and Wonderous Life of Oscar Wau" by Junot Diaz. In any case, it was a wonderful book. I could really picture all the scenes they discribed and it really drew me in. This is not a book to read though, if you are offended by language as there are many racial slurs written into the book...in context, though, I don't think they are as offensive as they could be in other situations.

Right now, I'm reading "The 15 Minute Hour", which so far is fascinating. It's about psycology patients during the time of Freud.

If you're looking for the Merino Scarf, it's sold, but there are others to choose from

2 comments:

  1. I just read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and it's totally inspiring! I will check out those that you recommended since I have not read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read "Against Medical Advice" a true story about a boy with Tourette's syndrome. Thanks for the book suggestions. The 15 minute hour sounds interesting.

    Hope you had a good time with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!