Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sleeping Late...not

What's more fun than reading books? I'm still trying to find out
Well, for the next week I have the chance to sleep late every day. I had to get my shows covered at the Venetian, so I won't be there until next Tuesday...Yet did I sleep in? Nope. 7:30am and I was wide awake, still, it's nice to know that I don't have to be anywhere early.

Tonight I have a gig at the Hard Rock Hotel. This should be fun because I just got a new magic bag that I'm just dying to break in. I have to use a special purse when I do magic because, as I'm a girl, evening gowns do not come with pockets.

Then on Friday, we've added a show for Find Your Sexy and my sub couldn't cover it, so I got someone to cover my shows at the Venetian and I'll be doing the other show...sounds confusing? It's ok, all it means really, is that I get to sleep late.

In other news, I finished The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie. It was a fun spy novel and I'm glad I read it. I'm not a huge fan of spy novels, but this one made me laugh. Laurie's writing style is really humourous. Now I've started The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. So far I'm loving it. I'm only about 50 pages in, so I'll keep you posted.

What does one do in between magic and reading?

3 comments:

  1. So true - days I don't have to wake up my eyes pop open and my brain is immediately raring to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to meet a magician! You are a rare breed! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with 2 little ones i sleep til til they scream at me to get up. Though, generally it's their fault I didn't get much sleep during the night.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!