Monday, February 28, 2011

Grocery Shopping...ugh!


I really am not a big fan of grocery shopping. I mean I don't mind going and picking out the food, but I hate to load it in the car, and bring it home and put it all away. If I were rich, I would probably get a grocery delivery service to do it for me, because I am just that lazy.

I usually wait until I'm out of almost everything, then I do a huge shopping day so that I won't have to go back anytime soon. I buy as much in bulk as I can and use my freezer space accordingly...the more chicken thighs I can buy, the longer I can put off going to buy more.

And I know people say, "Don't go shopping hungry!", however, I have found that if I go on a full stomach, I don't buy nearly enough and I'm forced to go back there sooner rather than later... then sometimes I treat myself to lunch on the way home so I'm not tempted to eat everything before it makes it into the fridge and cupboard.

It's getting to be that shopping time of the month, and I'm trying to plan dinner so I can put it off just one more day.

2 comments:

  1. following back from www.cobbled-stone.blogspot.com, thanks for looking at my etsy treasury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound just like me! I loathe grocery shopping. I've been doing it for 30 years, and I'm just burnt out on it. I stock up as much as I can when I go, to delay the inevitable return trip! I also do not buy enough to last if I have just eaten. A full stomach = an empty cart.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your blog link in the comments!